Monday, February 14, 2022

Music Monday: Duffy - Mercy

 Way back when, when I used to blog, Music Monday was a thing. I've no idea if it still is, and to be honest, I don't really care. I love sharing the music I love so I'm going to be doing it again. 

Starting with one of my favourite songs ever


According to Duffy, "Mercy" is autobiographical and is about "sexual liberty" and "not doing something somebody else wants you to do". She has also said in an interview with Observer Music Monthly that she sings "Mercy" "several times a day and it's just like having sex every time". However, she has expressed fear "about saying what a song is about" because she felt that the lyrical interpretation is her "issues and baggage and when someone else listens to the song it isn’t about my baggage anymore it’s about their baggage". According to Mark Edward Nero of About.com, the song is "a tale of lust"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Childhood Favourites

 My reading taste has changed quite dramatically over the years and now that I'm an adult, I'm trying to figure out what is is all o...